Sepsis-3.0 has been released!
Please read the paper!
Then read some of the amazing discussions from the FOAM community:
- Jeremy Faust and Lauren Westafer reveal the new sepsis definitions.
- Great links to pro/con discussion too by Natalie May and Richard Carden at St Elmyn’s.
- Justin Mandeville also summarises Sepsis 3.0 and uses the “rule of 2s” in his post from ICMWK.
Then read Josh's PulmCrit Post
And only then, listen to this discussion with Mervyn Singer, lead author of the new definitions.
Here from Cliff Deutschman as well
- On this EMCrit Sepsis Wee
Flowchart from the Paper
Links and Stuff
- SOFA Calculator
- NY STOP SEPSIS Collaborative Triage Screening
- SCCM Sepsis Redefined Resource Page
- More on Timing of Antibiotics from Salim
- Meta-Analysis that Salim Mentions (Crit Care Med 2015;43:1907)
Please let me know what you think in the comments section below.
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 290 – Decompensated Hypothyroidism and Myxedema with Dr. Arti Bhan - January 23, 2021
- EMCrit 289 – Ketamine Only Intubation Paper with Brian Driver - January 12, 2021
- EMCrit 288 – Neurogenic Shock & Should we be Using Vasopressors for Hemorrhagic Shock? - December 29, 2020