Joel Topf is a nephrologist in Detroit working for St Clair Specialty Physicians. He is faculty for the Nephrology Fellowship at St John Providence.
- Topf thoughts on DDAVP in hypoNa
- DDAVP clamp in hyponatremia
- EMCrit Intro to Hyponatremia
- Curbsiders Hyponatremia Episode
- IBCC Hyponatremia
- Taking control of severe hyponatremia with DDAVP
Joel admits elderly with Na < 130
- Make sure they are not DI and then replete their free water deficit
- Acetazolamide for Nephrogenic DI1
- Hypernatremia is a marker of poor quality ICU Care2
- EMCrit Hypernatremia Episode
- IBCC Hypernatremia
Joel's Furosemide dose is Cr x 20
- Curbsiders on HyperK with Joel
- EMCrit HyperK
- IBCC HyperK
- Recent RCT on Kayexalate3
- The odds ratio for death was 10 at a potassium of 5.5 to 6 mEq/L. It rose to 31 for potassium above 6!4
Who Needs RRT?
- Is A,E,I,O,U still the answer?