This post is part of the bleeding edge series–you have been warned!
What you'll hear….
Two Phenotypes of Critical COPDers
- Severe Bronchospastic Crisis
- Hypercapneic Encephalopathy
This episode primarily talks about #2
The New Reflex Actions for Coma/AMS
- Check Fingerstick
- Look at the Pupils/Resp Rate
- Look for Stigmata of Seizure/Recently Completed Seizure
- Get a VBG
The Controlled Burn for Hypercapneic Encephalopathy in COPD
This is the bleeding edge part. I am super-curious to hear what you think. Place your comments below.
Articles to Read
Now on to the Podcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit RACC 228 – Physiology-Guided Cardiac Arrest Management in 2018 with Dr. Robert Sutton - July 11, 2018
- EMCrit RACC – A Refractory Anaphylaxis Mock Trial by Mike Weinstock - July 5, 2018
- EMCrit Podcast – Acid Base Ep. 7 – Bicarb Updates, Quantitative Approach, and Prof. David Story - June 28, 2018