Today I want to talk about proper ventilation with a Bag-Valve-Mask, aka the BVM. I am joined by my friend Reuben Strayer, MD of EM Updates. You'll see Reub's talk from this year's EMCrit ED Critical Care Conference and hear some of my thoughts as well.
After Reuben's lecture, I made a few points of my own:
- Anesthesiologists can't do one hand BVM as well as they think, at least according to this article: (Anesthesiology 2010; 113:873-9)
- How about the best article on how to manipulate the jaw for optimal BVMing
- Here is a link to an article where I discuss Vent as a Bag and here is the video as well.
need an audio-only version, (right click here and choose save-as), otherwise
Please use the Ultimate BVM
- Pressure Gauge
- One-Way Exhalation Port
- PEEP Valve
Or Consider the Oxylator
And now to the Vodcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- A Letter to CMS from Paul Marik - April 29, 2017
- Ketamine ……. then Rocuronium, DSI & The Timing Principle - April 25, 2017
- Podcast 197 – The Logistics of the Administration of Massive Transfusion - April 17, 2017