Mike Lauria set up an interview with Dr. K. Anders Ericsson, first author of Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise. Dr. Ericsson is a brilliant cognitive psychologist, currently at the Florida State. He has dedicated his career to studying the science of expertise and performance. He was incredibly generous with his time, to the tune of a 2-hour interview. In the podcast below, I excerpted some of the most interesting pieces, but it was all great. If you want to listen to the unedited, full interview I have placed a link below.
10,000 Hour Rule Debunked
How to Deliberately Practice in Diagnostic Medicine
- Get recordings of patient presentations, get people to commit, listen to what an expert would do, and then show what happened.
Full Unedited Interview
- Art of Charm Interview with Dr. Ericsson was Amazing!
- Brian Johnson's Summary
- The Seductive Path of Good Enough
- Deliberate Practice from Farnam Street
- The Academic Paper on Deliberate_Practice_and_the Acquisition of Expertise by Dr. Ericsson
- Pondering EM did a Two-Parter on Deliberate Practice (Part 1 & Part 2)
- The Path to Insanity
Now on to the Interview…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – Semper Vitae – GRM with Helen Perry - July 20, 2019
- EMCrit 251 – Philosophical & Psychological Diversions Part II – Naive Reality and the Fundamental Attribution Error - July 16, 2019
- EMCrit 249 – You Can Either Learn or You Can Blame – Fixing the Morbidity and Mortality Conference with George Douros - June 13, 2019