This one is purely for historical purposes! We didn't have much equipment, but we still could make awake intubation work. Now with better atomizers and more potent meds, this procedure is so much easier. See the links below to see current thinking.
Additional New Information
More on EMCrit
- EMCrit 247 – The Dissociated Awake Intubation with my buddy, Ketamine
- EMCrit 194 – Definitive Emergent Awake Intubation with George Kovacs
- EMCrit 145 – Awake Intubation Lecture from SMACC
You Need an EMCrit Membership to see this content. Login here if you already have one.
- EMCrit 358 – Dizziness Makes Me Dizzy Still! – GRACE-3 and more with Peter Johns - September 24, 2023
- EMCrit RACC Lit Review – September 2023 - September 17, 2023
- EMCrit – Lessons from a Master Trainer – Cliff Reid on Training Team Performance - September 11, 2023