Background: Publication bias
Game theory: When is it beneficial to run an additional clinical trial?
What does this imply about investigation bias?
Example #1: Activated protein C (APC), a.k.a. Drotecogin alpha (XIGRIS)
Example #2: Inferior Vena Cava Filters
Detecting investigation bias: Hearing the dog that doesn’t bark
- Dear NEJM, We both know that conflicts of interest matter
- Time-to-intervention studies: Hope vs. reality
- What is the evidence behind the IVC filter?
Latest posts by Josh Farkas (see all)
- PulmCrit mythbusting- Anaphylaxis to penicillins isn’t a contraindication to meropenem - October 24, 2016
- PulmCrit Wee- Oxygen-ICU trial:100% isn’t an A+ - October 19, 2016
- PulmCrit- Power, the forgotten error, and inconclusive trials - October 10, 2016