Background: Publication bias
Game theory: When is it beneficial to run an additional clinical trial?
What does this imply about investigation bias?
Example #1: Activated protein C (APC), a.k.a. Drotecogin alpha (XIGRIS)
Example #2: Inferior Vena Cava Filters
Detecting investigation bias: Hearing the dog that doesn’t bark
- Dear NEJM, We both know that conflicts of interest matter
- Time-to-intervention studies: Hope vs. reality
- What is the evidence behind the IVC filter?
- IBCC – Thrombotic microangiopathies (TTP, HUS, et al.) - May 6, 2021
- IBCC – Opioid intoxication - May 3, 2021
- IBCC – Sodium channel blocker toxicity (including tricyclic antidepressants) - April 26, 2021