Crack to Cure
All the way back at podcast 36, I discussed traumatic arrest in the ED. In that episode, I laid out a general approach to patients coding from trauma, in this one I discuss only the performance of the procedure of ED thoracotomy.
This lecture was given at the 2012 ALLNYC EM Conference.
Here are the videos from the lecture:
Articles to Read
- Why You Should Consider Empiric Clamshell
You Also Need to Watch
I quibble with some of this, but it is beautiful none-the-less
Most Recent Guidelines from EAST
Strayer's Summary Slide
- If cardiac wall motion or pericardial fluid, go forward–if not, don't. From Surgical Lit
Need the audio-only version?
Right click here and choose save-as
Now on to the Vodcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – The Brindley Sessions – Followership - November 11, 2018
- EMCrit 236 – George Kovacs on EVLI Airway Incrementalization - October 31, 2018
- EMCrit #235 – Cardiac Arrest Science with Zack Shinar - October 17, 2018