Crack to Cure
All the way back at podcast 36, I discussed traumatic arrest in the ED. In that episode, I laid out a general approach to patients coding from trauma, in this one I discuss only the performance of the procedure of ED thoracotomy.
This lecture was given at the 2012 ALLNYC EM Conference.
Here are the videos from the lecture:
Articles to Read
- Why You Should Consider Empiric Clamshell
You Also Need to Watch
I quibble with some of this, but it is beautiful none-the-less
Most Recent Guidelines from EAST
Strayer's Summary Slide
- If cardiac wall motion or pericardial fluid, go forward–if not, don't. From Surgical Lit
Need the audio-only version?
Right click here and choose save-as
Now on to the Vodcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – Getting Things Done 2019 Update - January 16, 2019
- EMCrit 238 – Medical Error Epidemic Craziness with G. Gianoli - December 12, 2018
- EMCrit Podcast 237 – Vent & PreVENT – An Update - November 28, 2018