Crack to Cure
All the way back at podcast 36, I discussed traumatic arrest in the ED. In that episode, I laid out a general approach to patients coding from trauma, in this one I discuss only the performance of the procedure of ED thoracotomy.
This lecture was given at the 2012 ALLNYC EM Conference.
Here are the videos from the lecture:
Articles to Read
- Why You Should Consider Empiric Clamshell
You Also Need to Watch
I quibble with some of this, but it is beautiful none-the-less
Most Recent Guidelines from EAST
Strayer's Summary Slide
- If cardiac wall motion or pericardial fluid, go forward–if not, don't. From Surgical Lit
- Review Article Paulich and Lockey (BJA Education 2020;20(7):242)
Need the audio-only version?
Right click here and choose save-as
Now on to the Vodcast…
- EMCrit 303 – A Bounceback Case with Mike Weinstock - July 23, 2021
- EMCrit 302 – Pain Management Update with Sergey Motov - July 15, 2021
- EMCrit 301 – The Five Fears with Rob Orman (Mind of the Resuscitationist) - July 1, 2021