At the EMCrit 2013 Conference we had a Blast Competition. The BLAST rules are easy:
The winner this year was Salil Bhandari with an incredible presentation on peri-mortem caesarean section.
Here is an article:
Eur J Emerg Med. 2011 Aug;18(4):241-2. doi: 10.1097/MEJ.0b013e328344f2c5. Prehospital resuscitative hysterotomy.
Want to know more about peri-mortem c-section? Check out these insanely good posts:
- The post Perimortem C-section at St.Emlyn’s appeared first on St Emlyns.
- A personal take from a doc, Greg Press, who has performed two of these (2 more than me)
Neonatal outcome: mean times from arrest to delivery were 14±11 min and 22±13 min in survivors and non-survivors respectively (Resuscitation. 2012 Oct;83(10):1191-200.)
And here is a simulator video:
And the best video on the procedure I have seen on life-identical model
In one case series, 12 of 20 women had return of spontaneous circulation immediately after delivery (EMCNA, Vol. 30, pg. 949). HT to emedhome.
Rob Bryant has another great video on resuscitative hysterotomy
Now on to the Wee…[vimeo 59516684 w=600&h=347]
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- Podcast 180 – On Argumentation, Fallacies, and Twitter Misery - August 22, 2016
- Podcast 179 – An Interview with Gary Klein - August 7, 2016
- Modification of Scalpel Finger Bougie Technique - July 31, 2016