”Just a Pandemic” . . . Scorpion prevention, Women In Toxicology, mentorship, and pharmacogenetics with Dr. Ayrn O’Connor.
Welcome home, listeners! Sit back, relax, and join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they learn how to prevent scorpions from coming home, explore pharmacogenetics, and explore the incredible importance of mentorship, representation, diversity, and equality with Dr. Ayrn O’Connor (@MedToxPGx). Stay safe, wash your hands, physically distance, and wear a mask. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
- Just in case you move to Arizona, here are 5 Simple Ways to Deter Scorpions.
- Not my face! Some unusual locations for snakebites have been reported.
- Some information related to the business of Medical Toxicology, including billing and reimbursement for bedside toxicology practice, a medical toxicology admitting service or dedicated toxicology unit, the impact of a toxicology service on the ICU, or among inpatients discharged with a poisoning-related diagnosis, lessons learned and the impact of a specialty code on private practice.
- Women In Toxicology and the move Towards Gender Equality in Medical Toxicology.
- There is a beneficial impact of patient-physician racial concordance that impacts infant and maternal mortality, HIV care, cancer screening, provider visits and overall communication.
- Mentorship in the health professions, and doing it with intention.
- So now I’m a mentor, what’s in it for me?
Thank you for your continued support. We missed you and hope to provide more in 2021. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
We love doing this podcast, and hope you do as well. If you like what you hear, maybe you’d like to buy us a cup of coffee!
Thank you to our house band Pretty Simple Duo (@prettysimpleduo), now reincarnated as Bloomington Delta Music (@BloomDeltaMusic), our announcer Josh Shelov (@shelovj), and Reverend Matt Winston and High Priestess Amy Winston of Witness Protection Products. Ad at 27:23 . . .
Music “Funkorama” by Kevin MacLeod. License: CC BY. Sound effects from bbc.co.uk – © copyright BBC, and zapsplat.com. Do Infinite Good by Nick Fewings and We Have Coffee by Leon Bublitz both on unsplash.com.
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.