Ingestible electronic systems, Mario and Luigi’s new digs, and human energy harvesting with Dr. Peter Chai.
We’re back! Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they explore the GI tract of the city, build a career of excrement, and determine which bathroom is the cleanest with Dr. Peter Chai (@PeterRchai). We hope that everyone stays safe, washes their hands and wears a mask. Let’s beat this virus together.
- It’s robots all the way down, influencing many of us in countless ways. From the Fembots, to the Daleks, to Bender.
- You can make a battery out of almost anything, from a potato, to pennies, to an apple, to a lemon. Although, there are those that would find the latter UNACCEPTABLE.
- The future is filled with possibility. There are myriad technologies applicable to medicine and toxicology that range from wearable head-mounted devices, to ingestible sensors.
- There are approaches that can be used to help combat the opioid crisis. From an individual level, using digital pills to measure ingestion patterns, to the community, analyzing opioid exposure in wastewater.
- The technology can also be used to measure medication adherence and help influence adherence interventions.
- There’s even current research analyzing wastewater applicable to the COVID-19 crisis.
- You’ll never really want to know How Dirty Is Your Bathroom . . . But you can also use technology to help keep it clean.
- There are, naturally, methods to eliminate poop splash from the splash zone.
- And, of course, Everything Comes Down To Poo from Scrubs
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
We love doing this podcast, and hope you do as well. If you like what you hear, maybe you’d like to buy us a cup of coffee!
Thank you to our house band Pretty Simple Duo (@prettysimpleduo) feat. Julia Helene and McKenzie Taylor, our announcer Josh Shelov (@shelovj), and Reverend Matt Winston of Witness Protection Products. Ad at 25:00 . . . Music “Night In Venice” by Kevin MacLeod. License: CC BY
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.Toilet Paper and Mask by engin akyurt We Have Coffee by Leon Bublitz