Exploring the World of Veterinary Toxicology with Dr. Ahna Brutlag
Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they explore the world of veterinary toxicology with Dr. Ahna Brutlag, Director of Veterinary Services at the Pet Poison Helpline. Find out how the approach to the poisoned veterinary patient is both similar and different to our bipedal brethren. Explore the overlapping arenas of oral anticoagulant toxicity. Find out what you should never, ever feed your cat or dog, and why dogs are basically quadrupedal stomachs. . .
- Have a question about a potentially poisoned pet? Check out the website for the Poison Pet Helpline. Here’s a link that takes you directly to What Did Your Pet Ingest?
- You can also find them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and ?pin? them on Pinterest.
- One lick, get sick. Spare the lily, save the kitty.
- You Ate What was started back in 2012 when Dan and Howard reviewed this article in JMT. It just so happens that Dr. Brutlag was the first author on that paper. Here’s a clip from the podcast, or you can listen to the whole episode here. We sound so young . . . 😉
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.Orbie Enjoying a Donut Treat by Camylla Battani
Latest posts by Tox & Hound (see all)
- The Dantastic Mr. Tox & Howard – S02E11 – Labs Before Lectures - July 22, 2019
- Tox and Hound – Archery: The Official Sport of Medical Toxicology - July 15, 2019
- Tox and Hound – The Physostigma - July 9, 2019