Cyanide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Detergent Suicide, and Military Teletoxicology with Dr. Vik Bebarta
Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they chat with Dr. Vik Bebarta and learn about cyanide infused bacon, hydrogen sulfide, detergent suicide, military teletoxicology and the variety of antidotes and therapies to make you well. Chock full of smoky goodness, this is a delightful listen for your holiday weekend.
- Looking out for salad bar terrorism
- Think salad bar terror is new? Don’t forget the OG, the one, the only, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
- Be thoroughly entranced by this excellent Netflix series on the same. I am Dan’s Ma Anand Sheela. . .
- Terrorists attempt to use a hydrogen sulfide bomb to destroy a plane.
- Which also happens to be a the agent in ‘detergent suicide’ in Japan. . .
- While we’re on the subject, check out the surprising items found at OBL’s compound.
- Don’t forget to pack your Landjäger in your rucksack
- Always a good refresher at the Khan Academy
- Lots of famous cyanide malfeasance . . . The Chicago Tylenol Murders . . . Cyanide Coffee . . . Dr. Robert Ferrante and Dr. Autumn Klein . . . The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project . . .
A selection of the excellent work that Dr. Bebarta has done.
- Hydroxocobalamin vs sodium thiosulfate for acute cyanide
- Hydroxocobalamin and thiosulfate versus sodium nitrite and sodium thiosulfate for acute cyanide
- IM sodium nitrite and thiosulfate for acute cyanide
- Does this smoke inhalation victim require treatment with cyanide antidote?
- IV cobinamide vs hydroxocobalamin or saline for H2S
- Bedside toxicology consultation in a combat theater
- Wartime toxicology – Evaluation of military medical toxicology telemedicine
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.