The Opioid Crisis with UMass Chief Opioid Officer, Dr. Kavita Babu
Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they welcome the first Chief Opioid Officer at UMass Memorial Health Care, Dr. Kavita Babu (@kavitababu) and talk about tackling the opioid crisis as toxicologists from boots on the ground to the halls of government. Get involved and get “the right, smart people in the room.”
Also welcome a new sponsor, онлайн-журнал интернет-мошенничества!
- “That’s why we’re here. That’s why we’re crusaders.” UMass launches opioid task force with Dr. Babu as the first chief opioid officer.
- Physician self-perception of opioid prescribing is frequently inaccurate
- A novel assay for detecting clandestine opioids after a heroin overdose
- Self identification of non pharmaceutical fentanyl exposure
- The relationship between opioid analgesics and patient satisfaction
- UMass Tox Overdose Prevention Fund
- UMass Tox Opioid Safety Videos
- Dont’ forget to check out Establishing an Opioid Stewardship Program in Your Health System – webinar featuring Dr. Jeanmarie Perone and Dr. Scott Weiner
- Another compelling video from Dr. Perrone – The Opioid Crisis
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.
Kalinka music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzjRwbQdASg