This post is part of the bleeding edge series–you have been warned!
What you'll hear….
Two Phenotypes of Critical COPDers
- Severe Bronchospastic Crisis
- Hypercapneic Encephalopathy
This episode primarily talks about #2
The New Reflex Actions for Coma/AMS
- Check Fingerstick
- Look at the Pupils/Resp Rate
- Look for Stigmata of Seizure/Recently Completed Seizure
- Get a VBG
The Controlled Burn for Hypercapneic Encephalopathy in COPD
This is the bleeding edge part. I am super-curious to hear what you think. Place your comments below.
Articles to Read
Now on to the Podcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – Steroids for Septic Shock — PRE-ADRENAL - January 8, 2018
- EMCrit Podcast 215 – A Disagreement of Toxicologists with Dantastic Mr. Tox/&Howard - December 25, 2017
- EMCrit Wee – Advanced Ultrasound Assessment of Volume Status - December 15, 2017