Today we are joined by Benjamin Abella, MD to discuss who to cool after cardiac arrest.
Who is Ben Abella?
Dr. Benjamin Abella is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine and the Clinical Research Director of the Center for Resuscitation Science at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania. His research focuses on the clinical care of cardiac arrest victims, with a special emphasis on methods to improve the quality and training of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). He also maintains an active research program in the use of therapeutic hypothermia to improve survival after resuscitation from cardiac arrest. He is the medical director for the nation's only therapeutic hypothermia intensive training and certification course, based at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Abella also serves on the Medical Advisory Board of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association.
- See the EMCrit Hypothermia Deep Dive
- Center for Resuscitation Science
- The free course Ben mentioned is starting in July
Now on to the Podcast:
- EMCrit Wee – Stop Kneejerk Intubation with the EMCrit Crew - March 30, 2020
- EMCrit Wee – Alternatives to Vent Splitting and the Safest Vent Splitting Methods in COVID19 - March 28, 2020
- COVID Airway Management Thoughts - March 27, 2020