Today we are joined by Benjamin Abella, MD to discuss who to cool after cardiac arrest.
Who is Ben Abella?
Dr. Benjamin Abella is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine and the Clinical Research Director of the Center for Resuscitation Science at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania. His research focuses on the clinical care of cardiac arrest victims, with a special emphasis on methods to improve the quality and training of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). He also maintains an active research program in the use of therapeutic hypothermia to improve survival after resuscitation from cardiac arrest. He is the medical director for the nation's only therapeutic hypothermia intensive training and certification course, based at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Abella also serves on the Medical Advisory Board of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association.
- See the EMCrit Hypothermia Deep Dive
- Center for Resuscitation Science
- The free course Ben mentioned is starting in July
Now on to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit 254 – Central Line Tips and Tricks with Robby O and Me from EEM 2019 - August 22, 2019
- EMCrit 253 – Kovacs Kata to Optimize a Failing Laryngoscopy Attempt - August 9, 2019
- EMCrit Podcast 252 – Care-Oriented Resus vs. People-Oriented Resus - July 28, 2019