I did an initial EMCrit episode on Angiotensin II when the Athos 3 trial was fist published. Today, now that the drug has been available for a while, I wanted to hear from someone smart, with no financial conflicts of interest, on when to actually use this medication.
Dr. Bellomo's Bio is too extensive to place here, please check out his Monash Page. Suffice it to say that he is a total badass as a clinical intensivist and a critical care researcher.
Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System (RAAS)
Who Should Get Angio II
- Renin > 175 (or round up to 200)
- Septic Pts on RRT or about to need it
- Patients on pre-illness ACE-I
Rinaldo's Paper in AJRCCM
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 283 – Dexmedetomidine (Precedex) – You'd have to be Delirious Not to Use It - October 16, 2020
- EMCrit 282 – Hicks on the Labors of Trauma (Blunt) - September 30, 2020
- EMCrit 281 – Why Can't Emergency Medicine and Trauma Surgery Just Get Along? - September 4, 2020