I did an initial EMCrit episode on Angiotensin II when the Athos 3 trial was fist published. Today, now that the drug has been available for a while, I wanted to hear from someone smart, with no financial conflicts of interest, on when to actually use this medication.
Dr. Bellomo's Bio is too extensive to place here, please check out his Monash Page. Suffice it to say that he is a total badass as a clinical intensivist and a critical care researcher.
Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System (RAAS)
Who Should Get Angio II
- Renin > 175 (or round up to 200)
- Septic Pts on RRT or about to need it
- Patients on pre-illness ACE-I
Rinaldo's Paper in AJRCCM
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 290 – Decompensated Hypothyroidism and Myxedema with Dr. Arti Bhan - January 23, 2021
- EMCrit 289 – Ketamine Only Intubation Paper with Brian Driver - January 12, 2021
- EMCrit 288 – Neurogenic Shock & Should we be Using Vasopressors for Hemorrhagic Shock? - December 29, 2020