I did an initial EMCrit episode on Angiotensin II when the Athos 3 trial was fist published. Today, now that the drug has been available for a while, I wanted to hear from someone smart, with no financial conflicts of interest, on when to actually use this medication.
Dr. Bellomo's Bio is too extensive to place here, please check out his Monash Page. Suffice it to say that he is a total badass as a clinical intensivist and a critical care researcher.
Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System (RAAS)
Who Should Get Angio II
- Renin > 175 (or round up to 200)
- Septic Pts on RRT or about to need it
- Patients on pre-illness ACE-I
Rinaldo's Paper in AJRCCM
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 303 – A Bounceback Case with Mike Weinstock - July 23, 2021
- EMCrit 302 – Pain Management Update with Sergey Motov - July 15, 2021
- EMCrit 301 – The Five Fears with Rob Orman (Mind of the Resuscitationist) - July 1, 2021