If you've been reading the comments on some of the posts, you may have seen a new face: Jim DuCanto, MD. Jim is an anesthesiologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has recorded 100's of intubations in the OR. The above video shows two of them.
- First case: the patient was intubated after 8 ml of topical anesthesia applied to vocal cords through the Air-Q mask itself. Patient was anesthetized with inhalational anesthesia first, mask inserted, and Jim went from there.
- Second case, he was simply practicing with the Levitan scope alongside DL (not a difficult airway).
You'll be hearing more from Jim on the podcast soon.
- EMCrit 281 – Why Can't Emergency Medicine and Trauma Surgery Just Get Along? - September 4, 2020
- EMCrit 280 – Who Should Get Angiotensin II with Rinaldo Bellomo - August 19, 2020
- EMCrit Wee – Is it Tamponade with Jacob Avila - August 17, 2020