If you've been reading the comments on some of the posts, you may have seen a new face: Jim DuCanto, MD. Jim is an anesthesiologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has recorded 100's of intubations in the OR. The above video shows two of them.
- First case: the patient was intubated after 8 ml of topical anesthesia applied to vocal cords through the Air-Q mask itself. Patient was anesthetized with inhalational anesthesia first, mask inserted, and Jim went from there.
- Second case, he was simply practicing with the Levitan scope alongside DL (not a difficult airway).
You'll be hearing more from Jim on the podcast soon.
- EMCrit 292 – IV T3 for Myxedema Coma, A Different Take with Eve Bloomgarden - February 23, 2021
- EMCrit 291 – For Frak's Sake, Ketamine is at least as Hemodynamically Stable as Etomidate! - February 9, 2021
- EMCrit 290 – Decompensated Hypothyroidism and Myxedema with Dr. Arti Bhan - January 23, 2021