If you've been reading the comments on some of the posts, you may have seen a new face: Jim DuCanto, MD. Jim is an anesthesiologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has recorded 100's of intubations in the OR. The above video shows two of them.
- First case: the patient was intubated after 8 ml of topical anesthesia applied to vocal cords through the Air-Q mask itself. Patient was anesthetized with inhalational anesthesia first, mask inserted, and Jim went from there.
- Second case, he was simply practicing with the Levitan scope alongside DL (not a difficult airway).
You'll be hearing more from Jim on the podcast soon.
- EMCrit 277 – COVID Pulmonary Physiology with Martin Tobin - July 9, 2020
- EMCrit 276 – The Rapid Code Status Conversation with Kei Ouchi - June 25, 2020
- EMCrit 275 – NeuroCritical Care with Neha Dangayach - June 10, 2020