If you've been reading the comments on some of the posts, you may have seen a new face: Jim DuCanto, MD. Jim is an anesthesiologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has recorded 100's of intubations in the OR. The above video shows two of them.
- First case: the patient was intubated after 8 ml of topical anesthesia applied to vocal cords through the Air-Q mask itself. Patient was anesthetized with inhalational anesthesia first, mask inserted, and Jim went from there.
- Second case, he was simply practicing with the Levitan scope alongside DL (not a difficult airway).
You'll be hearing more from Jim on the podcast soon.
- EMCrit Wee – Stop Kneejerk Intubation with the EMCrit Crew - March 30, 2020
- EMCrit Wee – Alternatives to Vent Splitting and the Safest Vent Splitting Methods in COVID19 - March 28, 2020
- COVID Airway Management Thoughts - March 27, 2020