If you've been reading the comments on some of the posts, you may have seen a new face: Jim DuCanto, MD. Jim is an anesthesiologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has recorded 100's of intubations in the OR. The above video shows two of them.
- First case: the patient was intubated after 8 ml of topical anesthesia applied to vocal cords through the Air-Q mask itself. Patient was anesthetized with inhalational anesthesia first, mask inserted, and Jim went from there.
- Second case, he was simply practicing with the Levitan scope alongside DL (not a difficult airway).
You'll be hearing more from Jim on the podcast soon.
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Podcast 242 – ED Nephrology with Joel Topf aka KidneyBoy - March 9, 2019
- EMCrit Podcast 241 – Sepsis Update 2019 - February 21, 2019
- EMCrit Podcast 240 – Renal Compartment Syndrome & It's all about the Venous Side and We've Been Fracking it up for Years - February 10, 2019