Yearning for some trauma aren't you?
Today I got a chance to interview Karim Brohi (@karimbrohi). He is a trauma and vascular surgeon in London and runs the incredible Trauma.org site. Dr. Brohi has consistently been on the cutting edge of hypotensive resuscitation, hemostatic resuscitation, and massive transfusion.
Dr. Brohi's Lecture on Hypotensive Resuscitation
Dr. Brohi gave an amazing lecture on hypotensive resuscitation. I highly recommend giving it a viewing.
You can view the lecture here;
or on the trauma.org site.
Here are the questions that remained after watching that lecture:
What is the MAP goal you use for resuscitation of unstable hemorrhage patients?
What are you doing with your suspected intracranial bleed patients with concomitant hemorrhage on call today?
What do you think of Dutton's idea of high flow, low pressure resuscitation using solely FFP/Blood as resus fluid and fentanyl to cause sympatholysis?
Is there any role for closed chest CPR in arrest from hemorrhage. If not, why is it so pervasive amongst EM and Gen Surg doctors? How do we abolish this practice?
Any role for drugs?
Do you bother with cross-clamping?
Check out this previous podcast on traumatic arrest.
Are you using any of the scoring systems or instead, gestalt?
Are you using TXA? If so, when and in which pts?
When does TEG or ROTEM enter the picture?
Tell us a bit about Cryostat?
More Podcasts on the Above
- First listen to Richard Dutton on his vision of hypotensive resuscitation.
- Next, listen to one of the Crash2 authors, Tim Cook, to discuss the use of tranexamic acid in trauma.
— Karim Brohi (@karimbrohi) August 12, 2012
What do you think about ACLS and Traumatic Arrest? Comment below…
Additional New Information
More on EMCrit
You Need an EMCrit Membership to see this content. Login here if you already have one.
- ODR 013 – Should, Must, & Won't - November 25, 2023
- EMCrit Shadowboxing Case 6 – A Respiratory Case along with Extra Commentary from Mae West - November 23, 2023
- EMCrit 362 – Jonathan Edlow, Lead Author of GRACE-3, on Dizziness - November 17, 2023