Part III of Dr. Rivers' talk on Severe Sepsis
Dr. Emanuel Rivers brought the concept of aggressive therapies for sepsis down to the Emergency Department with his seminal article on EGDT published in the NEJM in 2001. We were lucky enough to get an hour of his time to do a conference call with the NYC STOP Sepsis collaborative.
I broke the ~1 hour lecture into 3 parts.
In Part III, Dr. Rivers discusses:
- Protein C?
- Can you do EGDT in small community EDs?
- How do you handle the tachycardic patient with severe sepsis?
- Steroids in the ED?
Win a Free Iphone App
Audio Only Version
The Video Podcast
- COVID19 – Awake Pronation (aka the Pig Roast) A guest write-up by David Gordon, MD - April 6, 2020
- EMCrit Wee – Webinar I Gave to Pulm/Crit Care Fellows on Avoiding Intubation and Initial Ventilation of COVID19 Patients - April 4, 2020
- EMCrit 269 – Rationing of Critical Care and Ventilators in COVID19 with Reub Strayer - March 31, 2020