Part III of Dr. Rivers' talk on Severe Sepsis
Dr. Emanuel Rivers brought the concept of aggressive therapies for sepsis down to the Emergency Department with his seminal article on EGDT published in the NEJM in 2001. We were lucky enough to get an hour of his time to do a conference call with the NYC STOP Sepsis collaborative.
I broke the ~1 hour lecture into 3 parts.
In Part III, Dr. Rivers discusses:
- Protein C?
- Can you do EGDT in small community EDs?
- How do you handle the tachycardic patient with severe sepsis?
- Steroids in the ED?
Win a Free Iphone App
Audio Only Version
The Video Podcast
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – First Study of the Benefits of an EDICU - September 10, 2019
- EMCrit – The Pigtail Video - September 4, 2019
- EMCrit 255 – Pigtails for Pleural Problems (Percutaneous Thoracostomy) - September 4, 2019