Part II of Dr. Rivers' talk on Severe Sepsis
Dr. Emanuel Rivers brought the concept of aggressive therapies for sepsis down to the Emergency Department with his seminal article on EGDT published in the NEJM in 2001. We were lucky enough to get an hour of his time to do a conference call with the NYC STOP Sepsis collaborative.
I broke the ~1 hour lecture into 3 parts.
In Part II, Dr. Rivers discusses:
- CVP and Fluid Responsiveness
- Should End-Stage Renal Failure patients get lots of fluids?
- Should we be using albumin?
- Should vasopressin be a first line pressor?
- Steroids/Etomidate (See a paper by Dr. Marik on steroids in sepsis)
Here is a pdf of Dr. Rivers' Slides
Remember–Get a Free Trial of EM Critical Care Journal
How do I get the videos to work on my IPOD
and now the Podcast…
- EMCrit 277 – COVID Pulmonary Physiology with Martin Tobin - July 9, 2020
- EMCrit 276 – The Rapid Code Status Conversation with Kei Ouchi - June 25, 2020
- EMCrit 275 – NeuroCritical Care with Neha Dangayach - June 10, 2020