Part II of Dr. Rivers' talk on Severe Sepsis
Dr. Emanuel Rivers brought the concept of aggressive therapies for sepsis down to the Emergency Department with his seminal article on EGDT published in the NEJM in 2001. We were lucky enough to get an hour of his time to do a conference call with the NYC STOP Sepsis collaborative.
I broke the ~1 hour lecture into 3 parts.
In Part II, Dr. Rivers discusses:
- CVP and Fluid Responsiveness
- Should End-Stage Renal Failure patients get lots of fluids?
- Should we be using albumin?
- Should vasopressin be a first line pressor?
- Steroids/Etomidate (See a paper by Dr. Marik on steroids in sepsis)
Here is a pdf of Dr. Rivers' Slides
Remember–Get a Free Trial of EM Critical Care Journal
How do I get the videos to work on my IPOD
and now the Podcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit #235 – Cardiac Arrest Science with Zack Shinar - October 17, 2018
- EMCrit 234 – Pardon Me, I Couldn't Help but Overhear or How to go from being an Ass-hole to an AYS-hole on Twitter - October 3, 2018
- EMCrit 233 – EMCrit Failed Airway Algorithm 2018 from ResusTO - September 19, 2018