Crack to Cure
All the way back at podcast 36, I discussed traumatic arrest in the ED. In that episode, I laid out a general approach to patients coding from trauma, in this one I discuss only the performance of the procedure of ED thoracotomy.
This lecture was given at the 2012 ALLNYC EM Conference.
Here are the videos from the lecture:
Articles to Read
- Why You Should Consider Empiric Clamshell
You Also Need to Watch
I quibble with some of this, but it is beautiful none-the-less
Most Recent Guidelines from EAST
Strayer's Summary Slide
- If cardiac wall motion or pericardial fluid, go forward–if not, don't. From Surgical Lit
Need the audio-only version?
Right click here and choose save-as
Now on to the Vodcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit 249 – You Can Either Learn or You Can Blame – Fixing the Morbidity and Mortality Conference with George Douros - June 13, 2019
- How to Teach Surgical Airways–you knows, Crics: The One-Hour Cricothyrotomy Course - June 4, 2019
- EMCrit Podcast 247 – The Dissociated Awake Intubation with my buddy, Ketamine - May 16, 2019