Crack to Cure
All the way back at podcast 36, I discussed traumatic arrest in the ED. In that episode, I laid out a general approach to patients coding from trauma, in this one I discuss only the performance of the procedure of ED thoracotomy.
This lecture was given at the 2012 ALLNYC EM Conference.
Here are the videos from the lecture:
Articles to Read
- Why You Should Consider Empiric Clamshell
You Also Need to Watch
I quibble with some of this, but it is beautiful none-the-less
Most Recent Guidelines from EAST
Strayer's Summary Slide
- If cardiac wall motion or pericardial fluid, go forward–if not, don't. From Surgical Lit
- Review Article Paulich and Lockey (BJA Education 2020;20(7):242)
Need the audio-only version?
Right click here and choose save-as
Now on to the Vodcast…
- ODR 1 – Email Part 1 – Email is Not the Problem, You Are! - September 22, 2021
- EMCrit 306 – Critically Ill and Severe Anaphylaxis - September 8, 2021
- EMCrit 305 – Post-Cardiac Arrest Hypothermia (or not) – TTM2 Synthesis with Niklas Nielsen and Josef Dankiewicz - August 29, 2021