I received an email from a friend and colleague on how to build mental toughness in our trainees. After hearing the case that spurred the question, I actually began to believe the problem is actually one of self-granted permission to act and the conflict between erros of commission and errors of omission.
- Combating omission errors through task analysis and good reminders
- Rick Body has a great post on the silliness of the interpretation that, “First, do no harm,” should inspire passivity
- Casey Parker could not be restrained by words in the comment section so he recorded his response discussing the 2 modes of a part-time resuscitationist
Listen to the wee to understand what the frack I am talking about…
- EMCrit 278 – Labors of Trauma – Blunt Edition (Part 1) - July 24, 2020
- EMCrit 277 – COVID Pulmonary Physiology with Martin Tobin - July 9, 2020
- EMCrit 276 – The Rapid Code Status Conversation with Kei Ouchi - June 25, 2020