I received an email from a friend and colleague on how to build mental toughness in our trainees. After hearing the case that spurred the question, I actually began to believe the problem is actually one of self-granted permission to act and the conflict between erros of commission and errors of omission.
- Combating omission errors through task analysis and good reminders
- Rick Body has a great post on the silliness of the interpretation that, “First, do no harm,” should inspire passivity
- Casey Parker could not be restrained by words in the comment section so he recorded his response discussing the 2 modes of a part-time resuscitationist
Listen to the wee to understand what the frack I am talking about…
- COVID19 – Awake Pronation (aka the Pig Roast) A guest write-up by David Gordon, MD - April 6, 2020
- EMCrit Wee – Webinar I Gave to Pulm/Crit Care Fellows on Avoiding Intubation and Initial Ventilation of COVID19 Patients - April 4, 2020
- EMCrit 269 – Rationing of Critical Care and Ventilators in COVID19 with Reub Strayer - March 31, 2020