The Lewis Lead (S5)
How to place the electrodes for the Lewis Lead (S5)
from Christopher Watford's blog My Variables Only Have 6 Letters…
S5 Lead: You can produce this using many variations of the electrodes, however, for simplicity's sake we will stick with Kelly's description:
- Place the Right Arm electrode on the patient's manubrium.
- Place the Left Arm electrode on the 5th intercostal space, right sternal border.
- Place the Left Leg electrode on the right lower costal margin.
- Monitor Lead I.
Christopher's ideal path to learning ECGs if he had to do it all again
1. Structured Learning: Garcia and Holtz “12-Lead ECG: The Art of Interpretation”
2. Depth of Knowledge: skip Dubin, get Chou's/Goldman's/Marriott's (something with meat)
Structured Learning/Depth of Knowledge links:
The Air Medical Physician Association is co-sponsoring an upcoming conference called CCTMC: Critical Care Transport Medicine Conference—info and brochure available here.
It’s 4.2.12 through 4.4.12 in Nashville.
This year’s opening talk at the conference, is “Upstairs Care Outside: Top Ten Tricks of the Trade for Bringing ICU-Level Care to the Transport Environment.”
And now on to the wee…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit RACC 228 – Physiology-Guided Cardiac Arrest Management in 2018 with Dr. Robert Sutton - July 11, 2018
- EMCrit RACC – A Refractory Anaphylaxis Mock Trial by Mike Weinstock - July 5, 2018
- EMCrit Podcast – Acid Base Ep. 7 – Bicarb Updates, Quantitative Approach, and Prof. David Story - June 28, 2018