Today on the podcast we discuss High Sensitivity Troponins with Dr. Louise Cullen…
Professor Louise Cullen
Louise Cullen is a Senior Staff Specialist in the Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, and an active clinician-researcher with particular interests in acute cardiac diseases, syncope, and cardiac biomarkers. She is widely published in numerous peer-reviewed journal including the Lancet. Her mantra is that “You do not do research for research sake” and as such, clinical redesign and translational research is a key part of her endeavours.
Dr. Cullen reports receiving grants from Roche; grants, consultancy fees, and personal fees from Abbott Diagnostics; personal fees from AstraZeneca; and personal fees from Novartis outside of the submitted work.
We have resolved these conflicts by:
- Not speaking of any individual manufacturer's assays
In the US, the manufacturers are eliminating prior assays, thereby obviating the conflict of discussing hsTN (i.e. there will be no purchasing decision on your part–you're getting 'em whether you like it or not)
High Sensitivity Troponins
IFCC has released a lab spec sheet on troponins
ACS Decision Aides
- IMPACT Trial
- Comparison of four decision aids for the early diagnosis of acute coronary syndromes in the emergency department
- MDCalc TMACs
- MDCALC EDAC
- HsTNi with decision rules
Additional New Information
More on EMCrit
You Need an EMCrit Membership to see this content. Login here if you already have one.
- RACC Lit Review – Feb 2024 - February 28, 2024
- EMCrit 369 – Iodinated Contrast Issues: Part 1 – Is Contrast-Induced Nephropathy (CIN) a Thing in Patients with Tenuous Renal Function - February 26, 2024
- EMCrit 368 – The Acute Critical Care Medication Reconciliation with Josh Farkas - February 9, 2024