The slide above is from an SCCM talk by Robert Sutton. Dr. Sutton is a pediatric intensivist at CHOP in Philadelphia. His research interests include pediatric CPR quality research with a focus on evaluating novel interventions, both educational and technological, with the overall goal to improve care delivered to children during resuscitation attempts.
What We Spoke About…
We went box by box through the algorithm above. Note, very little of this is supported by high level evidence. However, neither is anything we are doing now–so be wary of staus quo bias.
- An article by Dr. Sutton on Hemodynamic Guided CPR
- Physio-Guided CPR1
- Article: Ahn, S et al. Sodium bicarbonate on severe metabolic acidosis during prolonged cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled pilot study. J Thorac Dis 2018; 104(4): 2295-2302
- Comp. of DBP and ETCO2 for CT quality (hint DBP is better)
- Brain Ox
Note: To do this technique properly, it is imperative you read this post (choosing the correct DBP); you should also probably listen to that podcast.
Prior Posts on EMCrit
Now on to the Podcast…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – First Study of the Benefits of an EDICU - September 10, 2019
- EMCrit – The Pigtail Video - September 4, 2019
- EMCrit 255 – Pigtails for Pleural Problems (Percutaneous Thoracostomy) - September 4, 2019