A few years ago, I put out a podcast on Getting Things Done–people seemed to really like discussing this topic. I am giving a lecture on this subject this week. It has gotten me thinking about some of the higher level aspects of GTD and I thought I would share some of them with you.
Deciding on Opportunities
Present you vs. future you
Matt Davella's Yes? Checklist
Here's mine if you want to use or edit it for yourself… Should I Say Yes?
☑️ Does it excite the hell out of me?
☑️ Would I do this regardless of money?
☑️ What will I have to give up to do this?
☑️ Will it contribute beyond myself?
☑️ Will I grow from this experience?
☑️ Will I regret not doing it?
Deciding on Goals
Getting Tactical re: Email
- Put the call to action up top
- Preempt the back-and-forths
- Close the loop beforehand
- Ask one ?, make it easy, and make sure it is not web-searchable/already answered
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 289 – Ketamine Only Intubation Paper with Brian Driver - January 12, 2021
- EMCrit 288 – Neurogenic Shock & Should we be Using Vasopressors for Hemorrhagic Shock? - December 29, 2020
- EMCrit 287 – Thoracotomy Masterclass with Dennis Kim - December 10, 2020