This post is part of the bleeding edge series–you have been warned!
What you'll hear….
Two Phenotypes of Critical COPDers
- Severe Bronchospastic Crisis
- Hypercapneic Encephalopathy
This episode primarily talks about #2
The New Reflex Actions for Coma/AMS
- Check Fingerstick
- Look at the Pupils/Resp Rate
- Look for Stigmata of Seizure/Recently Completed Seizure
- Get a VBG
The Controlled Burn for Hypercapneic Encephalopathy in COPD
This is the bleeding edge part. I am super-curious to hear what you think. Place your comments below.
Articles to Read
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 289 – Ketamine Only Intubation Paper with Brian Driver - January 12, 2021
- EMCrit 288 – Neurogenic Shock & Should we be Using Vasopressors for Hemorrhagic Shock? - December 29, 2020
- EMCrit 287 – Thoracotomy Masterclass with Dennis Kim - December 10, 2020