Today we are joined by Dennis Djogovic to do Part II on severe burns.
Dr. Djogovic completed training in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Medicine from 1999-2005, and is currently employed at the University of Alberta Hospital as an Emergency Physician, and as an Intensivist in the General Systems Intensive Care Unit and in the Firefighters Burn Treatment Unit.
Inhalation Injuries and Airway Management
- Tracheal intubation difficulties in the setting of face and neck burns: myth or reality? (Am J Emerg Med. 2014 Oct;32(10):1174-8)
- Diagnosis and Management of Inhalation Injury
Securing Tubes and Catheters
- PulmCrit on Flash Cigarette Burns
- Maryland CC Project Severe Burns Episode
- EM Practice Smoke Inhalation Issue
Now on to the Podcast…
- EMCrit 289 – Ketamine Only Intubation Paper with Brian Driver - January 12, 2021
- EMCrit 288 – Neurogenic Shock & Should we be Using Vasopressors for Hemorrhagic Shock? - December 29, 2020
- EMCrit 287 – Thoracotomy Masterclass with Dennis Kim - December 10, 2020