The Lewis Lead (S5)
How to place the electrodes for the Lewis Lead (S5)
from Christopher Watford’s blog My Variables Only Have 6 Letters…
S5 Lead: You can produce this using many variations of the electrodes, however, for simplicity’s sake we will stick with Kelly’s description:
- Place the Right Arm electrode on the patient’s manubrium.
- Place the Left Arm electrode on the 5th intercostal space, right sternal border.
- Place the Left Leg electrode on the right lower costal margin.
- Monitor Lead I.
Christopher’s ideal path to learning ECGs if he had to do it all again
1. Structured Learning: Garcia and Holtz “12-Lead ECG: The Art of Interpretation”
2. Depth of Knowledge: skip Dubin, get Chou’s/Goldman’s/Marriott’s (something with meat)
Structured Learning/Depth of Knowledge links:
The Air Medical Physician Association is co-sponsoring an upcoming conference called CCTMC: Critical Care Transport Medicine Conference—info and brochure available here.
It’s 4.2.12 through 4.4.12 in Nashville.
This year’s opening talk at the conference, is “Upstairs Care Outside: Top Ten Tricks of the Trade for Bringing ICU-Level Care to the Transport Environment.”
And now on to the wee…
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- Podcast 182 – Kettlebells for the Brain – Meditation from SMACC 2016 - September 19, 2016
- Podcast 181 – Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Ventricular Failure with Susan Wilcox - September 5, 2016
- Podcast 180 – On Argumentation, Fallacies, and Twitter Misery - August 22, 2016