Finally we now know what DasSMACC has in store!
Here are some inside tips that we have received from the SMACC organising committee that will help you prepare for the ticket release which is scheduled for Wednesday 8.00 am 26th October (Sydney Australian EST), or 22.00 London, 17.00 New York on the 25th of October for those on that side of the world.
Das SMACC Ticket Release
Delegate numbers are capped at approximately 2000 registrations again this year as we believe this is the best size to maintain our FOAM community atmosphere. In an attempt to be as fair as possible here are the basics of how it will work:
- Registration will open on Wednesday, 26th October at 0800 Sydney EST – click here for your local time.
- There will be 3 separate ticket releases: the major release will be as above on Wednesday, 26th October, a smaller allocation will be released on Wednesday, 7th December and a final limited release on Wednesday, 1st February
- Your best chance will be with the first release, but if you really need to wait until you have leave confirmed then you can chance your hand on the February release
- All prior delegates will receive an email reminder the week before tickets go on sale, but there is no other preference (first in best dressed!)
- Owing to the limited number of spots there will be no DAY ONLY registrations issue
- Workshop registration also opens on Wednesday, 26th October and like last year will be on a first come first served basis
- If you miss out on a ticket there will be a waiting list
- If you miss your preferred workshop there will also be a waiting list
What’s in the program and registration at a glance for 2017?
We have taken all your feedback into consideration and planned for:
- Another massive day of workshops on Monday, 26th June 2017 (WORKSHOPS)
- A single stream format only featuring the best of the best (PROGRAM)!
- The most incredible venue: the Tempodrom
- Fabulous accommodation deals which are essential this year as Das SMACC is just before fashion week (ACCOMMODATION)
- Registration details are here
- The continued innovation and convenience of onsite childcare (crèche)
- A bigger and better SMACC party. Yes, it will be massive.
Das SMACC – Berlin
The Social Media and Critical Care Conference continues to harness the immense energy of FOAM and dasSMACC in Berlin June 26-29 2017 promises to be the best one yet.
SMACC has seen spectacular growth since its humble beginnings. The Conference has grown from an enthusiastic idea into a global leader amongst critical care events. Whilst SMACC is primarily a high quality, academic meeting, the real reason behind this growth is the enormous and inspiring energy of the critical care community itself. A community that crosses traditional hierarchies, professional barriers and international borders. This is a community dedicated to innovation, teaching and learning. A community based around the pursuit of excellence in patient care, and a passion for sharing this as widely as possible.
What Makes SMACC Different?
So, why did the SMACC conference SELL OUT all 2000 delegate registrations in minutes?
To begin with, the affiliated websites supporting SMACC represent a comprehensive list of the “who’s who” in the FOAM world. The talented clinicians behind these websites have come together and harnessed their innovation, vitality and expertise to create the SMACC experience. The strong social media connections inherent to SMACC result in an ongoing, online conversation, which in turn, empowers the delegate and enhances their experience. SMACC is focused on being a conference truly for the delegates. Delegates have a say in every aspect of the meeting, including the speakers chosen, program topics, themes and styling, social events, and the questions asked in sessions. This level of delegate interaction with the conference is unparalleled in critical care.
There have also been many positive lessons learned from the FOAM world, which have now been translated into the SMACC Conference. Lessons on how to engage, inspire and make critical care education enjoyable. We keep the talks short (15-20 minutes), choose the topics carefully, handpick speakers who we know can both educate and inspire, and discourage reliance on power point presentations. Of course, all the sessions are recorded and podcast to be released in a FREE series – creating more great FOAM!
But SMACC isn’t just about the academic presentations. SMACC is an experience. The opening ceremony, the themes of the exhibition hall and welcome events, the teas and lunches provided in the breaks and the massive Gala night, all of which are included in the one registration price, are designed to bring the group together and enhance the feeling of belonging to one critical care
Berlin is an amazing and vibrant city and has the energy capable of hosting SMACC. It is no surprise that it has become the artists’ capital of Europe. There is an intriguing combination of grittiness, openness, willingness and enthusiasm in the Berlin community, which make it a perfect destination for the FOAM community. Of course that’s to say nothing of the history, museums and bars.
Berlin is also perfectly situated in the heart of Europe to springboard any European adventure.
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – The Brindley Sessions – Followership - November 11, 2018
- EMCrit 236 – George Kovacs on EVLI Airway Incrementalization - October 31, 2018
- EMCrit #235 – Cardiac Arrest Science with Zack Shinar - October 17, 2018