This is the second part of a 4 part series on acid base.
- You should listen to Acid-Base Part I first.
- In Part III, we solve the problem below and reunify everything.
- Part IV discusses the acid-base of administered solutions.
- Part V specifically discusses some of the Bicarb Controversy
The Acid Base Series
- EMCrit Podcast – Acid Base Ep. 7 – Bicarb Updates, Quantitative Approach, and Prof. David Story
- Podcast 97 – Acid-Base VI – Chloride-Free Sodium
- Podcast 96 – Acid Base in the Critically Ill – Part V – Enough with the Bicarb Already
- EMCrit Podcast 50 – Acid Base Part IV – Choose the Solution Based on the Problem
- EMCrit Podcast 46 – Acid Base: Part III
- EMCrit Podcast 45 – Acid Base: Part II
- EMCrit Podcast 44 – Acid Base: Part I
For this podcast to be optimally effective, you need to print out my acid base sheet:
Here is the problem to work on for the next podcast:
I gave some shout-outs during the talk, here are the links:
- The Air Medical Memorial honors those flight medics, docs, pilots, and nurses who have fallen in the line of duty.
- Josh Mularella developed the free app call ERRES, search for it on itunes.
- Casey Parker created a site for outback EM and Crit Care called Broome Docs.
- Ivor Kovic donated three free codes to his cpr app, CPRPRO. Sign up for the mailing list if you want to enter to win one.
Need an Audio Only Version?
Acid Base Part II MP3 (Right Click and Choose Save as)
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- EMCrit Wee – Getting Things Done 2019 Update - January 16, 2019
- EMCrit 238 – Medical Error Epidemic Craziness with G. Gianoli - December 12, 2018
- EMCrit Podcast 237 – Vent & PreVENT – An Update - November 28, 2018