If you’ve been reading the comments on some of the posts, you may have seen a new face: Jim DuCanto, MD. Jim is an anesthesiologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has recorded 100’s of intubations in the OR. The above video shows two of them.
- First case: the patient was intubated after 8 ml of topical anesthesia applied to vocal cords through the Air-Q mask itself. Patient was anesthetized with inhalational anesthesia first, mask inserted, and Jim went from there.
- Second case, he was simply practicing with the Levitan scope alongside DL (not a difficult airway).
You’ll be hearing more from Jim on the podcast soon.
Latest posts by Scott Weingart (see all)
- Podcast 182 – Kettlebells for the Brain – Meditation from SMACC 2016 - September 19, 2016
- Podcast 181 – Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Ventricular Failure with Susan Wilcox - September 5, 2016
- Podcast 180 – On Argumentation, Fallacies, and Twitter Misery - August 22, 2016